Mitchell Live Auction Sale Order and Descriptions
- Lot # 100 - Burroughs Adding Machine
- Lot # 99 - 3 Cameras - Polaroid Land Camera model 95A, Instamatic X-35 camera, Instamatic 300 Camera
- Lot # 98 - Tool Kit with Display Case
- Lot # 97 - HMCS Kootenay Model, sailors cap from Kootenay
- Lot # 96 - 1947 Woodys Model Car, 1953 Woodys Model Car, American Woodys Book
- Lot # 95 - Mitchell Museum Knight Statue
- Lot # 94 - Mitchell Museum Sculpture
- Lot # 93 - Don and Bill Mitchell Chairs – one leather
- Lot # 92 - Burroughs Adding Machine Table with Picture and Frame
- Lot # 91 - "Freez-Pak" Compact refrigerator with Wall Art
- Lot # 90 - Texaco Tire Inflator-Puncture Sealer with rack
- Lot # 89 - Mitchell Corporation Security Caps and Superchief Jacket of Robert G. Rupp with Mitchell Bentley Badges
- Lot # 88 - Detex Guardsman Watch clock Station
- Lot # 87 - Oil Can Service Rack
- Lot # 86 - 2 Dollar Bill Display with James Baker Signature
- Lot # 85 - Thomas Dewey Display Set
- Lot # 84 - 1930's Keystone model A-7 16 mm Camera, operated by Don R. Mitchell
- Lot# 83 - 1930's Keystone model A-83 16 mm Projector, operated by Don R. Mitchell
- Lot# 82 - 3 Original License plats, 1 plate repainted
- Lot# 81 - Balcrank Differential Oil Dispenser
- Lot# 80 - MID LAND 5 gal. Container Specialties Co.
- Lot# 79 - International Time Recording Co. - Time Clock
- Lot# 78 - Wicker Picnic/Camping Trunk
- Lot# 77 - Mitchell Museum Wall Art
- Lot# 76 - Mitchell Museum Art
- Lot# 75 - 1917, 1919, 1922 Michigan License plate
- Lot# 74 - 2 License Plates
- Lot# 73 - Hammond Organ, model L - 112, S/N 97723, volts A.C. 117, cycles 60, watts 40
- Lot# 71 - Collection of Michigan License Plates (1930-1994) – 22 Total
- Lot# 70 - Mitchell Museum Wall Art
- Lot# 67 - Mitchell Corporation Electric Clock
- Lot# 66 - Automobile Decal Display Case, wood frame with leather interior 46 ½” x 35 ½”
- Lot# 61 - Chevrolet Corvette Clock
- Lot# 60 – Traffic Light
- Lot# 102 - Woody Wagon Wall Art with Stand
- Lot# 58 - Wood Piano with metal sound board
- Lot# 57 - Used Motor Oil Collection Can
- Lot# 55 - Pennzoil Oil Dispenser, Model 387, S/N 127776
- Lot# 54 - Buffalo pump tank for fire, direct stream with nozzle, 2 ½ gallons
- Lot# 53 - Ellisco 5 gal. Liquids container, Sinclair Refining Co.
- Lot# 51 - Eco Tireflator, S/N 6928, Model 98
- Lot# 50 - Texaco Oil Can Display
- Lot# 49 - Texaco Oil Dispenser with Oil Can
- Lot# 48 - 1950’s Buddy L Model
- Lot# 41 - Bowser Gasoline Storage System, Pump # D34101
- Lot# 40 - Killark Filling Station Light with water and air dispenser
- Lot# 101 - Woodie Parking Metal Sign
- Lot# 46 - Christy's Car
- Lot# 44 - Taylor's First Truck
- Lot# 23 - 1983 Cadillac Seville - VIN: 1G6AS6988DE810448, 4 Door, Driven by Metta Mitchell, showing 42881 miles
- Lot# 7 - 1954 Dodge Coronet Sierra - VIN: 3723208400 VEHICLE: There were 1,300 Dodge Sierra Station Wagons produced for 1954 model run. Engine is the flathead inline 6-cylinder with a 3 speed manual overdrive transmission. Interior is all factory with green and white vinyl trim, 6 passenger bench seats. Exterior is ivory roof over a light green body. Chrome is factory new. Chassis is factory and undercoated. Tires are BF Goodrich Silvertown 7.10x15 white wall, factory steel wheels and wheel covers. Showing 53,597 miles. AM pushbutton radio, clock, STA-COOL window A/C.
- Lot# 8 - 1955 Buick Special EST Wagon - VIN: V7648591 VEHICLE: There were 2,952 Buick Special 4 Dr Estate Station Wagons produced for 1955 model run. Engine is the Buick 322 CID OHV V8 with Dynaflow automatic transmission. Interior is custom red and white vinyl skylark trim, 6-passenger bench seat. Exterior is tutone red/white combination. Tires are Broadway H78x15 white walls with factory steel wheels and wheel covers. Showing 14,535 miles. V8, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power seats, AM pushbutton radio, tinted glass.
- Lot# 9 - 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Fiesta 4 Dr Wagon - VIN: 622M51452 VEHICLE: There were 6,417 9-passenger Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Fiesta 4 Dr Station Wagons produced for 1962 model run. Engine is the Oldsmobile 394 CID V8 with a 2 barrel carburetor and Hydramatic transmission. Interior is all factory with burgundy and white vinyl, 9 passenger bench seating. Exterior is dark burgundy color. Tires are BF Goodrich Silvertown 8.50x14 1" white wall, factory steel wheels with Starfire wheel covers. Showing 22,859 miles. V8, power steering, power brakes, pushbutton radio with rear speakers, roof rack, fender skirts, rear bumper steps, 3 seats.
- Lot# 10 - 1963 Buick Invicta Wagon - VIN: 7322 VEHICLE: There were 3,495 Buick Invicta 4 Dr Estate Station Wagons produced for 1963 model run. Engine is the Buick 401 CID V8 with a 4 barrel carburetor and Dynaflow transmission. Interior is custom silver leather, bench seat, 6 passenger and is in good condition. Exterior is a custom medium metallic blue. Tires are Uniroyal Royal Seal P225/75R15 1" white wall, factory steel wheels with wheel covers. Showing 65,835 miles. V8, power steering, power brakes, power windows, 6 way power seats, air conditioning, tinted glass, leather trim, tilt steering, automatic dimmer, AM pushbutton radio, tailgate wiper, cruise control, speed minder, cornering lamps, roof rack. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This vehicle was used for personal transportation of Mr. Mitchell and is highly optioned.
- Lot# 3 - 1958 Oldsmobile Super 88 Fiesta Wagon HDTP - VIN: 588K07826 VEHICLE: There were 5,175 Oldsmobile Super 88 Fiesta 4 Dr HDTP Station Wagons produced for the 1958 model run. Engine is the Oldsmobile 371 CID V8 with a 4 barrel carburetor and Hydramatic transmission. Interior is all factory with blue/white cloth and vinyl trim. Exterior is white over medium blue metallic. Tires are BF Goodrich Silvertown 8.50x14 white walls, factory steel wheels and wheel covers. Showing 38,501 miles. V8, power steering, power brakes, tinted glass, AM pushbutton radio. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Known as the "Chrome King".
- Lot# 12 - 1957 Lincoln Continental MK II - VIN: C56P3565 VEHICLE: There were 444 Lincoln Continental MK II produced for 1957 model run. Engine is 368CID Lincoln V8 with automatic transmission. Interior is tutone grey and oxblood leather, bench seat. Exterior is oxblood burgundy which was changed from original dark grey metallic factory paint. Tires are 15" white walls with factory wheel covers. All factory standard equipment, showing 65893 miles
- Lot# 11 - 1956 Lincoln Continental MK II - VIN: C5691152 VEHICLE: Has been owned by the Mitchell family since new. Body and interior are refinished in silver colors. All factory standard equipment, showing 39048 miles
- Lot# 13 - 1904 Mitchell B2 Runabout - VIN: 120 VEHICLE: This is a 2-cylinder, 7 HP 3 speed sliding gear chain driven wood bodied runabout with brass accessories. It is the only air cooled Mitchell of this vintage known to exist. Interior is black leather. Exterior has a wood body with black fenders and red pin striping. Frame is painted black with yellow full elliptic springs. Tires are 28x3 black with yellow wood wheels.
- Lot# 14 - 1908 Mitchell Model I 5 Passenger Touring - VIN: 2940 VEHICLE: 4-cylinder, 35 HP (ENGINE FROZEN) large brass touring car. Interior is black leather with black top. Exterior is painted medium blue. Chassis is equipped with semi-elliptic springs. Tires are 32x4 white with painted blue spokes and brass caps.
- Lot# 17 - 1911 Mitchell Model T Touring - VIN: 20694 VEHICLE: This is a 4-cylinder, 30 HP large brass touring car. Interior is black leather with wood fire wall and brass windshield and black cloth top. Exterior is burgundy color with black fenders and brass accessories. Chassis has painted yellow accessories. Suspension has front semi-elliptic springs and rear full elliptic. Tires are 34x4 non skid black with yellow wood wheels and brass caps.
- Lot# 15 - 1908 Mitchell Model H Runabout - VIN: H1503 VEHICLE: This is a 4-cylinder, 20 HP runabout with brass accessories. Interior is black leather with black top. Exterior is medium blue. Suspension is painted blue and has semi-elliptic springs. Tires are 30x3 1/2 white with blue spoke wheels and brass caps.
- Lot# 16 - 1917 Mitchell D 40 Jr 5 Passenger Touring - VIN: 73431 VEHICLE: This is a 6-cylinder electric start with 3 speed transmission. Interior is black leather with black top and side curtains. Exterior is painted blue with black hood and fenders. Chassis is black with front semi-elliptic springs and rear cantilever design semi-elliptic. Tires are Goodrich Silvertown 32x4 white with black wood wheels.
- Lot# 18 - 1919 Mitchell C Cab Truck - VIN: 97100 VEHICLE: 6-cylinder with 3 speed transmission delivery truck. Interior of black seats with wood rear shell frame. Exterior C cab body painted green with black running boards and fenders. Suspension is semi-elliptic front with rear cantilever semi-elliptic. Tires are Goodrich Silvertown 33x5 black with wood spoke wheels painted green. This is very rare Mitchell truck with Mitchell motometer.
- Lot# 19 - 1919 Mitchell 3 Passenger Coupe - VIN: 99761 VEHICLE: 6-cylinaer with 3 speed transmission. Interior trim is blue/grey cloth with gauges and wood trim dash. Closed body with black vinyl top and weather window. Exterior painted blue with black fenders. Chassis is black with front semi-elliptic springs and rear cantilever design semi-elliptic. Tires are 34x4 white with wood wheels.
- Lot# 1 - 1954 Dodge Granada 2D - VIN: L32580764 VEHICLE: One of a kind custom concept car with a one piece fiberglass laminated plastic body prototype. Engine is a Dodge 241 CID Red Ram Hemi V8 with a 2 barrel carburetor. 3 speed manual transmission. Interior is sea foam green leather. Exterior is light sea foam green solid in color. Chassis is custom built new rebuild. All new chrome. Tires are BF Goodrich Silvertown 7.10x15 white wall with chrome wire wheels. V8, AM pushbutton radio, clock.
- Lot# 25 - 1953 Packard Caribbean Convertible - VIN: 26782347 VEHICLE: There were 750 Packard Caribbeans produced for the 1953 model run. Engine is a Packard straight-8 flathead with a 4 barrel carburetor and Ultramatic transmission. Interior is all red and black leather, bench seat. Exterior is bright red body color with black Hartz cloth convertible top and red piping trim. Chassis is undercoated. Tires are 15 inch white wall with chrome wire wheels. Showing 85,401 miles. Power steering, leather trim, continental kit, AM pushbutton radio, tinted glass.
- Lot# 24 - 1953 Kaiser Golden Dragon 4D - VIN: K530001236 VEHICLE: There were 1,277 Kaiser Golden Dragons produced for the 1953 model run. Engine is the Continental straight-6 flathead with Hydramatic transmission. Interior is custom green and ivory bamboo, Golden Dragon bench seat trim. Exterior is white vinyl roof over medium bright green metallic body color with gold Golden Dragon trim. Tires are BF Goodrich Silvertown white wall with wheel covers. Showing 59,444 miles. Tinted glass, AM pushbutton radio, clock, dual spot lights, power steering, fog lamps.
- Lot# 22 - 1970 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Saloon - S/N SRX9037, 5 passenger, showing 14540 miles
- Lot# 2 - 1948 Pontiac Streamliner Wagon - VIN: PCPB11006 VEHICLE: Engine is the Pontiac straight-8 flathead with Hydramatic transmission. Interior is all factory and is burgundy vinyl and tan cloth, 6 passenger bench seating. Exterior is steel and dark grey metallic color with wood body structure, wood top frame with dark grey vinyl covering. Tires are Denman 6.50x16 white walls, factory steel wheels with hub cap and trim ring. Showing 49,353 miles. Hydramatic transmission, fender skirts, AM pushbutton radio, clock, heater/defroster, backup lamps. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This car represents the last true Woody Wagon produced by Pontiac.
- Lot# 4 - 1950 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Woody Wagon - VIN: 15706011 VEHICLE: There were 420 Buick Roadmaster Station Wagons produced for 1950 model run. Engine is the Buick straight-8 OHV with Dynaflow automatic transmission. Interior is factory wine red leather with green dash. Exterior is medium green metallic with wood trim. Chrome is factory. Chassis is factory and undercoated. Tires are Denman 8.90x15 white wall, factory steel wheels and wheel covers. Showing 78,902 miles. Leather trim, AM pushbutton radio, and heater.
- Lot# 6 - 1953 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Woody Wagon - VIN: 16840778 VEHICLE: There were 670 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Estate Station Wagons produced for 1953 model run. Engine is the Buick 322 CID OHV V8 with Dynaflow automatic transmission. Interior is bittersweet and tan 6 passenger bench seats with wood trim accents. Exterior is dark green with wood trim and tailgate. Tires are Coker Classic 8.00x15 white walls, factory steel wheels with wire covers. Showing 27,698 miles. V8, power steering, power brakes, AM pushbutton radio, clock, dual o/s mirrors. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This was the first year for the Buick OHV V8 engine
- Lot# 5 - 1951 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Woody Wagon - VIN: 16236168 VEHICLE: There were 679 Buick Roadmaster Station Wagons produced for 1951 model run. Engine is the Buick straight-8 OHV with Dynaflow automatic transmission. Interior is all factory dark green and charcoal black leather, 6 passenger bench seat. Exterior is a medium green metallic color with cosmetic wood trim and tailgate door of all wood. Tires are Lemans L78x15 white walls, factory steel wheel with wheel covers. Showing 81,846 miles. Leather trim, dual o/s mirrors, clock, AM pushbutton radio.
- Lot# 26 - 1949 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - VIN: 15236025 VEHICLE: There were 632 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Estate Station Wagons produced for the 1949 model run. Engine is a Buick straight 8-OHV with Dynaflow automatic transmission. Interior is red wine burgundy leather, bench seat, 6 passenger restored by Jenkins. Exterior is black color with wood rim and tailgate. Tires are Firestone Deluxe Champion 9.20x15 white walls, factory steel wheels with hub cap and trim ring. Showing 84,248 miles. V8, leather trim, AM pushbutton radio, heater/defroster.
- Lot# 27 - 1949 Buick Super Estate Wagon - VIN: 53963795 VEHICLE: There were 1,830 Buick Super 4 Dr Estate Station Wagons produced for the 1949 model run. Engine is a Buick straight-8 OHV with Dynaflow automatic transmission. Interior is all factory with blue leather and wood interior trim/roof, bench seat, 6 passenger. Exterior is dark blue color with wood trim and tailgate. Tires are Broadway H78x15 white wall, factory steel wheels and wheel covers. Showing 7,105 miles. Leather trim.
- Lot# 45 - Oldsmobile Fiesta Station Wagon Body
- Lot# 45A - Circa 1960's unfinished body
- Lot# 47 - Car Unibody
- Lot# 21 - 1961 Mutt M151 Truck - VIN: 287576 VEHICLE: Complete restoration. Mutt 1/4 Ton 4 wheel drive. 4 wheel suspension.
- Lot# 20 - 1955 Willy's Military Utility Vehicle - VIN: 5516810457 VEHICLE: Exemplary reproduction of the Willy's Military utility vehicle. Gun Mount sells separately in Military Catalog lots 535-537.
- Lot# 43 - Jeep Body, items on top and around body sell separately in Military Auction.
- Lot# 42 - Brougham Carriage
- Lot# 28 - Sleigh with Horse Display
- Lot# 29 - Hand drawn fire apparatus
- Lot# 30 - Nation Model 60 Gas Pump, Hard to find column clock face
- Lot# 31 - Musgo Gasoline Gas Pump, Gilbert & Baker Model 66
- Lot# 32 - Richfield Gas Pump, Bennett, Model 810, S/N MB 32331
- Lot# 33 - Texaco Gas Pump, Tokheim
- Lot# 34 - Shell Gas Pump Model 850, Square with ORIGINAL Shell Globe, Tokheim Oil Tank & Pump Co., S/N 504004
- Lot# 35 - Sinclair Dino Gas Pump, Wayne, CUT 70, S/N 97218-BDL
- Lot# 36 - Sky Chief Gas Pump, Tokheim, Model 39, S/N 804988-8-38
- Lot# 37 - Script Top Mobilgas Gas Pump, Martin & Schwartz, Inc., Model 80, Series 4BR, S/N 56952
- Lot# 38 - Pure Gas Pump, National, Model A-38, S/N A-39-13133
- Lot# 39 - Mobilgas Gas Pump Model 850 Round, Tokheim Oil Tank & Pump Co., S/N 504778
- Lot# 41 - Bowser Gasoline Storage System, Pump # D34101
- Lot# 72 - Valvoline Motor Oil Sign with stand
- Lot# 69 - Fire-Chief Gasoline Texaco Sign
- Lot# 68 - Sinclair Credit Cards Honored Sign, Sinclair Motor Oils Sign
- Lot# 65 – Framed Metal Mitchell Car Sign
- Lot# 64 - Pontiac Service Sign
- Lot# 63 - 1980 Quaker State Motor Oil Sign
- Lot# 62 - Porcelain Red Crown Gasoline Plaque
- Lot# 56 - Wolf's Head Motor Oil Sign
1. A Buyer's Premium of 10% is added to the high bid. Please take this into consideration when bidding. Bid price
+ buyer premium = sale price.
2. All purchases must be paid for in U.S. funds the day of the auction. Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
Discover, or good personal checks are accepted, should you pay via credit card you will be charged a 3%
3. If paying by check, buyers not personally known by the Auction Co. must present an irrevocable letter of
guarantee from issuing bank, guaranteeing payment to Sheridan Realty & Auction Co.
4. The Auction Company reserves the right to contact issuing bank to verify funds if the Auction Company deems
it necessary. The auction company reserves the right to hold the purchased item(s) until funds are credited to
Auction Company bank.
5. No item is to be removed from the auction site until full settlement arrangements has been made.
6. Load out will be by appointment only, within 30 days. Items must be removed at load out unless other
arrangements have been made. If you do not come to the load out, we reserve the right to charge your credit card
for the high bid price, plus buyer premium and any other fees associated with the item.
7. Bidding increments are as follows:
$0 - $100 = $5
$100 - $1000 = $25
$1,000 - $10,000 = $100
$10,000 - $25,000 = $500
$25,000 - $500,000 = $1,000
$500,000 - $1,000,000 = $5,000
$1,000,000 and up = $10,000
8. All titled vehicles being titled in Michigan are subject to 6% Michigan sales tax (calculated based on sales price),
$75 broker fee, and $15 title transfer fee.
9. Sale on all items is subject to seller approval. Auction company reserves the right to confirm the sale with the
seller, and bid on behalf of the seller, if necessary.
10. All items sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults and without warranty expressed or implied. Sheridan Realty &
Auction Co. is not responsible for any missing or incorrect listing information. We have attempted to provide
accurate descriptions. However, it is the bidder's responsibility to conduct any inspections to determine the
condition and feasibility of the bidder’s intended use. Descriptions that are provided by the auction company are
provided in good faith and are matters of opinion. It is automatically acknowledged by registering that you have
either personally inspected the items being sold, hired an agent to inspect the items being sold or waive your
right to inspect the items being sold. By placing a bid, this creates a contractual agreement to purchase the items
being sold at the high bid price plus Buyers Premium and any additional fees.
11. Since you are buying all items AS-IS, where is we encourage you to attend one of the inspection times so you
can view what you are buying. There will be a $100 charge per person to attend one of the viewing times,
should you buy anything at the auction you will be credited back the $100 and you will be given VIP seating at
the auction on August 20, 2014.
12. Sheridan Realty & Auction Company are selling items that have been stored in a museum for quite some time,
they make no guarantees on the condition of the items. We do know that all vehicles have had the gas drained
from them when they were parked in the museum.
13. Auction Company and/or the estate are not responsible for accidents on auction day or after items are sold.
14. All sales are FINAL – no refunds.
15. Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. has full discretion to modify the date and time, order, and details of the auction
for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to technical issues, emergencies, and convenience of
Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. or the Seller.
16. In the event that there are technical difficulties related to the server, software or any other online auction-related
technologies, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., MarkNet Alliance and the Seller reserves the right to extend
bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software nor Sheridan
Realty & Auction Co., MarkNet Alliance or the Seller shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of
the software to function properly for any reason. Email notifications may be sent to registered bidders with
updated information as deemed necessary.
17. Your use of this site and bid placement constitutes your acceptance and agreement to adhere to these terms.
Please print a copy for your records. All bidders are responsible for reading all terms and conditions carefully.
Lack of knowledge of Auction Terms and Conditions will not release bidders from their obligations.
18. Any and all announcements on auction day will take precedence over any and all printed material.
19. I grant to Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. the right and permission in respect of video or still imagery of me or in
which I may be included with others, to take, use, reuse, publish, and republish the same in whole or part.
20. Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to revise The Terms and Conditions.